World Robot Olympiad Nepal
World Robot Olympiad Nepal is an authorized event and STEM Foundation Nepal is the affiliate organization of World Robot Olympiad Association for National Competition in Nepal.
World Robot Olympiad Nepal is a screening olympiad event in Nepal for WRO and will be organized by STEM Foundation Nepal in various parts of Nepal.
Every year WRO Association has been conducting global competitions since 2004 in different countries. In this year, WRO 2018 is being conducted at Chiang Mai, Thailand on November 16-18 and for the first time Thailand has become a country to host World Robotics Olympiad twice.
This year our country is participating for the first time in World Robot Olympiad with 6 most bright robotics enthusiasts young high school students to wave Nepalese flag in the prestigious global event.
WRO Association is conducting five categories of competition in total. Due to unavailability of standard materials in our nation, this year, we will be participating on only one category: Open Category with two team Junior (Aged: 13-15 Years) and senior (Aged: 16-19 Years)
To be Selected for WRO 2018; teams have to go through screening tests and national final event with level of trainings in between.
STEM Foundation Nepal would like to thank everyone for your overwhelming participation and support in the screening test and training workshops at different cities and multiple venues.
We are very thankful to our supporting and venue partners; this journey was never possible without you.
- Nepal SBI Bank Ltd.
- NIC Asia Bank Ltd.
- Uniglobe SS/College
- Informatics College Pokhara
- Cosmos College, Pokhara
- SLT Technologies
- Kasthamandap Vidyalaya, Dhumbarahi
- KMC School, Shankhamul
- GEMS School, Dhapakhel
- Modern Boarding HS, Bhaktapur
- National Model Science School, Gongabu
- Gyanodaya School, Bafal
- Saurya International College, Sinamangal
- Kathmandu Vinayak Shikshyala (KVS School), Sinamangal
- Gandaki Boarding School, Pokhara
- Vidya Sagar School, Banepa
World Robot Olympiad Nepal 2018, Final Competition
to be held on 19th September, 2018(Ashwin 3, 2074)
at Unliglobe SS/college, Kamaladi Ganesthan, Kathmandu
Rules and Regulations:
• WRO Nepal is a team competition and individual competition. One team consist at most 3 members for each category Junior (Age: 13-15) and Senior (Age: 16-19).
• Registration Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018/ (Bhadra 29, 2075)
• Teams must submit the robot proposal by midnight no later than 11:59 PM, Monday, September 17, 2018 (Ashwin 1, 2075)
• Teams will be rewarded as the First, Second and Third prize winners with shields and prizes and the members as Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists. There will be also Best Robot Performance Award, Best Robot Design Award and Robot of Public Choice Award.
- Venue for WRO Nepal 2018 national final event is: Uniglobe SS/College, Kamaladi Ganeshthan, Kathmandu. Phone: 01-4220722/ 4251409/ 4221875
- One school/college can register for no more than 2 teams.
- The registration fees per team is: NRs. 5,000/- only; which can be deposited at:
NIC Asia Bank:
A/c Name: STEM Foundation Nepal;
A/c Number: 54410 50585 152401
Nepal SBI Bank:
A/c Name: STEM Foundation Nepal;
A/c Number: 20325 24020 0575
OR you can contact STEM office.
- Team must sit for the individual theory examinations and team performance of the robots on the national final event day.
- Final results will be announced on the same day in the WRO Nepal 2018 AWARD CEREMONY event.
- Teams will be rewarded as the First, Second and Third prize winners with shields and prizes and the members as Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists.
- WRO 2018 finalists will be selected from the six winning teams; three from each category on the basis of individual performance.
All the final decision will be reserved to the organizer.
Show your talent at World Robot Olympiad Nepal and qualify yourself for World Robot Olympiad-2018 happening on 16-18 November 2018 at Chiang Mai, Thailand.
More about WRO 2018: